The program is a three-month professional degree program intended principally for graduating scholars to pursue a career in professional practice of public health and to become effective change-agents in the society. The courses cover the core subjects of interdisciplinary education and training for the analysis of practical problems, solutions, and implementation with a special focus on the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR). Its strong field orientation is unique in the region.
By the end of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Apply principles of assessment and prevention of the most common non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Apply the social determinants and gender framework to inform public health interventions.
- Use the Total Quality Management and public health ethics concepts, to improve primary health care services
- Plan and implement communicable diseases prevention and control measures
- Apply epidemiological methods and tools in the context of humanitarian emergencies
Participants in this program complete the following five short courses:
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Social determinants and inequity
- Primary health care and quality of service
- Communicable diseases
- Principles of Public Health Emergency Management
Participants spend seven weeks in the field in order to be exposed to real-life situations and to practice the skills they gain with the guidance of a dedicated mentor. The following field projects are expected to be conducted during the field work period:
- Develop and implement realistic and focused public health field projects/assignments
- Provide regular feedback to all contributing persons
- Work with partners
- Write a project/assignment report
Professionals with a minimum of bachelor degree and at least one year of professional practice in the health sector, preferably in the public health labor force, who are interested in widening their horizons and qualifying for leadership positions in national or regional health services/health systems or who strive for an academic or political career in the health field.
Training Delivery Method
- In-class method
- Blended learning method