The program is a three-month professional degree program intended principally for graduating scholars to pursue a career in professional practice of public health and to become effective change-agents in the society.
The Module s cover the core subjects of interdisciplinary education and training for the analysis of practical problems, solutions, and implementation with a special focus on the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR). Its strong field orientation is unique in the region.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply principles of assessment and prevention of the most common non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Apply the social determinants and gender framework to inform public health interventions.
- Use the Total Quality Management and public health ethics concepts, to improve primary health care services
- Plan and implement communicable diseases prevention and control measures
- Apply epidemiological methods and tools in the context of humanitarian emergencies
Residents spend seven weeks in the field in order to be exposed to real-life situations and to practice the skills they gain with the guidance of a dedicated mentor. participants can select from the following assignments and projects to complete their field work:
- Select a relevant Non-Communicable Disease and analyse the qualified treatment capacity in selected communities.
- Determine the social gradient of populations in your country and visit selected disadvantaged populations including interviews with key persons.
- Identify and select a major disease/ health risk/ injury in your country/region, justify your selection, analyze its burden and propose relevant public health interventions based on the identified burden.
- Visit the administration in your country and analyse the national capacity to cope with emergency situations of any kind.
Professionals who are interested in widening their horizons and qualifying for leadership positions in national or regional health services/health systems or who strive for an academic or political career in the health field.
Training Delivery Method
- In-class method
- Blended learning method
Residents who complete the three-month program requirements will be awarded Technical diploma issued by International Academy of Public Health (IAPH) and accredited by Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA).