Dr. Tarawneh earned his MD from 1st Leningrad Medical Institute in 1985, Jordan Medical Board (JMB) in Family Medicine in 1994, Diploma in Community Medicine, Diploma in Diabetes from / UK.
He has thirty years of experience working for the Ministry of Health, he held the positions of: Secretary General of High Health Council, General Director of Primary Health Care, General Director of Health Planning, Director of NCD Directorate, Director of Cancer Prevention Directorate, Director of Medical Training, Director of Health Academy , Chief and trainer of Family Physicians, Head of Family Medicine Scientific and Exam Committee at Jordan Medical Council.
Dr.Tarawneh was Ex-President of Jordan Medical Association, Ex-President of Jordan Society of Family Medicine, Ex-WHO Senior Consultant. He represented Jordan at the World Health Assembly (WHA) meetings during 2014-2020.
He has led a number of major projects within MOH, he is the author of over 35 peer-reviewed publications and has delivered numerous scientific presentations at notable national and international conferences. He is a member of:
- Board of trustees of the Royal Health Awareness Society,
- International Advisory Board of Research for Health in Conflict / MENA region
- Board of trustees of the National Breast Cancer Program
- Advisory Board of the Jordan Public Health Forum
- WONCA Council - World Organization of Family Doctors / EMR
- Advisory Group " Primary Health Care Measurement Initiative " / WHO. He has been awarded several awards of recognition throughout his career.