This program is addressing the foundations in public health. It provides essential knowledge and skills needed to understand the field of public health. It is composed of five courses. The courses under this program cover the main topics of interdisciplinary education and training to analyze practical problems, solutions and implementation, with a special focus on the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR).
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Critically appreciate the different approaches in public health
- Manage data to inform actions in public health
- Apply epidemiology to study and manage diseases and other public health challenges
- Conduct operational research
- Analyse health systems
Participants spend seven weeks in the field in order to be exposed to real-life situations and to practice the skills they gain with the guidance of a dedicated mentor. The following field projects are expected to be conducted during the field work period:
- Identify public health problems and comprehend the use of data in public health sectors
- Apply methods of epidemiology, biostatistics, and environmental health in the field
- Develop and implement realistic and focused public health field projects/assignments
Professionals with a minimum of bachelor degree and at least one year of professional practice in the health sector, preferably in the public health labor force, who are interested in widening their horizons and qualifying for leadership positions in national or regional health services/health systems or who strive for an academic or political career in the health field.
Training Delivery Method
- In-class method
- Blended learning method
Participant who complete the three-month program requirements will be awarded a Post Graduate Diploma Certificate (PGDC).