This course builds on the advanced course of Antimicrobial Stewardship-Level 2. It addresses similar topics, but in-depth with more elaboration on application of advances in modern practices and methods to diagnose, analyze and conduct quality assurance techniques.
The goal of this course is to provide candidates with advanced knowledge and skills to implement and promote antimicrobial stewardship.
- Apply advances in antimicrobial stewardship
- Apply advances in antimicrobial therapeutics, including new agents, new vaccines and pharmacodynamics principles to patient care at the patient and system levels
- Apply epidemiologic and infection control and susceptibility surveillance methods, including the use of electronic data capture software
- Propose methods for assessing quality improvement through local, national, and international benchmarking techniques
- Advanced Pharmacokinetics/Pharmodynamics
- Indicators to Measure Antimicrobial Prescription
- Global Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance System
- AMR Data Collection and Reporting
- ASP Costs and Benefits
- Financial Metrics of ASP
- Benchmarking ASPs