This course discusses indoor air pollutants, their sources, effects on human body, and ways of control. Good indoor air quality (IAQ) is a key aspect of sustainable design. The goal of IAQ is to effectively use design solutions that promote the best quality indoor air, maximizing the well-being of the occupants through minimizing airborne contaminants.
Through the concept of IAQ, indoor air pollutants and their effects will be addressed, as well as guidelines on IAQ, and how to maintain good IAQ.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the classification of air pollutants
- Identify different sources of indoor air pollutants
- Apply measures to minimize and reduce indoor air pollution
- Recognize the importance of good Indoor Air quality (IAQ and the consequences of poor indoor air quality)
- Understand the goals of good IAQ
- Explain the different systematic human effects caused by indoor air pollutants
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method