Public health is impacted via a wide spectrum of hazards ranging from physical, chemical, and biological factors. When hazards interact with people and health system vulnerability factors, human health and lives become at risk. In order to minimize those risks, robust risk reduction measures need to be taken.
The main objective of this course is to learn how to manage risks in the proper way that is suitable to human health and the environment.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the cost of risks and the benefits of reducing them
- Demonstrate the development of risk reduction plans
- Budget for risk management
- Take management decisions based on risk assessment outcomes
- Basis of risk management and actions
- Risk management framework
- Risk management plan budgeting
- Management of risk and decision making
- Monitoring and evaluating risk management plans
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method