This course provides participants with basic knowledge and skills related to communicable diseases. It introduces participants to the field of communicable diseases by defining and exploring their transmission dynamics, life cycle, occurrence, burden, and determinants. It also highlights different levels of their prevention and control approaches.
The course aims to integrate participants, prior knowledge, skills, and experience to promote better understanding and efficient use of data and information. It covers important topics like public health importance of communicable diseases, burden analysis, occurrence, and prevention. It also refers to and links communicable diseases to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- List communicable diseases of public health importance and their burden worldwide and in the region
- Identify the common causative microorganisms and vectors for communicable diseases
- Describe the transmission dynamics of communicable diseases
- Use the life cycle of communicable diseases in control and prevention
- Analyze the determinants of communicable diseases in an area or community
- Describe the levels of prevention and control approaches for communicable diseases
Training Delivery Methods:
- In-class method
- Online method