This course serves as part 2 of the management of hazardous waste disposal. In this course, participants will learn the main aspects of chemical waste management. The participants will be first introduced to the various types of chemical waste and their categorizations. Participants will also learn how to label, store, and treat chemicals for disposal and the main rules and regulations involved in this process. This course will also shed a light on the consequences of chemical waste to the environment and hence teach the participants inspection and minimization strategies of chemical waste.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate between the different types of chemical waste and their characteristics
- Explain the strategies of labelling and storing chemicals for disposal
- Describe the treatment process of chemicals before disposal
- Discuss ways in which hazardous (chemical) waste is inspected and minimized.
- Explain the consequences of chemical waste to the environment.
- Introduction to Chemical Waste
- Labelling and Storage Procedures for Chemical Wastes
- Chemical Waste Treatment and Disposal
- Effect of Hazardous Waste on Environmental Biology
- Hazardous Waste Inspection and Minimization
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 12 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.