This course will be the first part of two courses that introduce participants to the management of hazardous waste. This course will cover the major aspects of managing biological waste. Participants will be introduced to the different types of biological waste as well as their handling, storing, labelling and disposal procedures. Participants will also learn how to handle and segregate infectious vs. noninfectious biological waste and treatment strategies before disposal. This course will also cover the main regulations involved in the disposal of animal waste.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Classify the different types of biological waste
- Describe the different regulations involved in storing, labelling, and transporting biological waste.
- Explain the process of radioactive biological waste disposal
- Segregate infectious vs non-infectious waste and handle different methods of disposal
- Explain the process involved in animal waste disposal.
- Introduction to Biological Waste
- Biological Waste Packing, Labelling, and Transport
- Radioactive Biological Waste Disposal
- Infectious vs. Non-infectious Biological Waste Disposal
- Animal Waste Disposal
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.