This course covers the principal foundations in laboratory management. It will cover topics that include laboratory organization, regulations, quality control assessment, cost analysis, inventory control, and laboratory information systems. Participants will also be introduced to basics of biostatistics as well as bioethics and legal requirements. After this course participants should be able to identify the major role played by the management in maintaining a regulated and safe environment in medical laboratories.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the major role of the laboratory administration in managing and maintaining medical laboratories.
- Explain the concepts of personnel management, workload, staffing and motivation procedures.
- Explain the financial aspects involved in maintaining medical laboratories
- Apply quality control programs.
- Explain the ethical and legal aspects of laboratory performances.
- Introduction to Laboratory Management and Administration.
- Personnel and Financial Management
- Quality Control and Evaluation
- Bioethics and Legal Aspects
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.