This course will enable the participants to develop safety protocols and procedures necessary to maintain safe practices in medical laboratories. This course will teach participants the different methods for developing material safety data sheets and standard operating procedure documents in medical laboratories. It will also introduce participants to the different procedures that entail disinfection, sterilization and decontamination which are essential to maintain sterile, clean, and safe space for the workers and the outside environment as well. Since this course will focus on safe practices, it will go in depth into the details of personal protective equipment, lab equipment handling, and safe handling and disposal of sharp objects.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Develop and Apply Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Apply disinfection, sterilization, and decontamination procedures
- Identify the different personal protective equipment needed for respective labs with different biosafety levels.
- Explain the main concepts of handling laboratory equipment and sharps
- Safety Documents Development: SOPs and MSDS
- Disinfection, Sterilization and Decontamination Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe Laboratory Equipment Handling Procedures
- Handling Sharps
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.