In this course the participants will learn the major concepts of Biosafety and Biorisk Management. The previous lectures were meant to build a good foundation for the understanding and appreciation of this course. This course will introduce participants to the basic aspects of Biosafety and Biosecurity. The participants will learn about biorisk management by understanding its 3 main concepts: Risk Assessment, Mitigation, and Performance. With these 3 main concepts participants will learn how to identify risks, prepare for preventive actions through multiple procedures, and to master incident management and response. Since this is an introductory course the basic concepts will be discussed, and more details will be discussed in more advanced courses.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the main concepts of Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Assess the risks and hazards associated with medical laboratories and learn how to implement a prevention plan to maintain safety.
- Explain the main practices that should be implemented by the workers and administration to address potential risks.
- Describe the main steps to respond and manage incidents such as lab emergencies.
- Biosecurity and Biosafety
- Biorisk Management: AMP
- Risk Assessment
- Performance: Incident Management Response
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.