This course is intended to introduce the participants to one of the major challenges that face laboratory management and handling strategies.. In this course, students will learn how to manage, assess, deal, and prevent emergencies by mastering several incident management skills. Students will get introduced to First Aid training, disaster management, strategies to prevent and plan for emergences as well as recovery and reconstruction procedures. By the end of this course, participants would have covered all the major aspects that contribute to correct management and sustainability of biosafety in medical laboratories.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify emergency risks and deal with different emergency incidents .
- Conduct first aid techniques in response to different emergencies
- Explain the important concepts underlying disaster management
- Explain the strategies involved in the prevention and planning of emergencies
- Discuss ways in which labs could recover and get reconstructed after emergency incidents
- Incident Management Response Overview
- First Aid Training
- Disaster Management
- Preventing and Planning for Emergencies
- Recovery and Reconstruction
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 18 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.