In this course the participants will learn the major challenges that face the process of transport and shipping of biological materials. Therefore, this course will introduce participants to the different classes of dangerous goods and provide a description of hazardous/infectious substances that can be transported and the regulations on their transportation. This is essential to ensure the safety of the workers in the transportation chain and the safety of the public. This course is intended for the technicians and the researchers who package and ship diagnostic or clinical human and animal specimens and regulated biohazards.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the main challenges that face the transport process of hazardous biological materials
- Analyze the risks and hazards associated with the transport of the biological materials and identifying the population at risk
- Apply the main practices for packaging different biological materials
- Explain the main regulations and paperwork involved in the shipment and transport of biological materials
- Explain the emergency response procedures involved in the event of an incident during the shipment process.
- Classifications and Packaging Requirements
- Shipping Papers and Permits
- Security Awareness
- Emergency Response Information
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.