This course will enable the participants to differentiate between laboratories with different biosafety levels. With four biosafety levels, otherwise known as biocontainment levels, the rules, regulations, and precautions increase accordingly. These labs range from the basic teaching laboratories to laboratories that handle highly infectious biological samples such as HIV and Ebola viruses. Understanding the difference between these laboratories will allow participants to take the appropriate precautions to implement the right safety procedures that will protect them as well as their surrounding environment.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate between laboratories that handle different biorisk levels.
- Explain the rules and regulations that govern working in laboratories with different biorisk levels.
- Implement the appropriate safety measures associated with each biorisk level.
- Introduction to Biosafety (Biocontainment) Levels in Medical laboratories
- Biosafety Level (1)
- Biosafety Level (2)
- Biosafety Level (3)
- Biosafety Level (4)
Training Delivery Methods
- In-class method
- Online method
- Duration: 30 Learning Hours
Participant who complete the stand alone course will be awarded a Certificate of Course Completion.